St. Paul's is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Ormskirk, the archdeaconry of Warrington, and the diocese of Liverpool. St. Paul's is designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building.
A chapel was first built in Skelmersdale in 1776 as a chapel of ease for St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk. It was enlarged in 1823 and again in 1850. In 1856 it became a parish church in its own right and was dedicated to Saint Paul. The foundation stone for the present church was laid in 1903 and the church was consecrated on 18th December 1906.
"Thanks for taking the time to visit our website. At St. Paul's Church our motto is 'Come as you are'. Everyone is welcome to join our friendly, lively and welcoming worshipping community. There is lots going on here for all ages, as we seek to serve and bless our Parish of Skelmersdale."
Rev. Chris Spittle
St. Paul's is committed to good, sound ministry with links to the local community. Our Shared Ministry Team is made up of clergy, honorary curate, Readers and lay people. There are strong links between social events and the mission of St. Paul's.
Since 2004 some of our parishioners have gone to Paraguay to serve the people there, performing tasks such as digging wells and building churches.
St. Paul's gives ongoing prayer and financial support for the work of World Vision in Lidetta, Ethiopia and the work of Phoenix India in Nagpur.
We have flourishing children's groups and youth groups with many dedicated leaders. Youth and children's work takes place on Monday nights from 6PM onwards.